Canopy Growth Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2022 Financial Results
View Full Release Here
SMITHS FALLS, ON, February 9, 2022 – Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth” or the “Company”) (TSX: WEED) (NASDAQ: CGC) today announces its financial results for the third quarter fiscal 2022 ended December 31, 2021. All financial information in this press release is reported in Canadian dollars, unless otherwise indicated.
Encouraging Q3 FY2022 performance drove sequential revenue growth and record quarterly revenue for BioSteel and Storz & Bickel businesses
“In the third quarter we actioned to win where it matters – driving record performance in our CPG business from both BioSteel and Storz & Bickel, while beginning to stabilize our Canadian business including maintaining the #1 position in premium flower. Our continued discipline and focus are expected to fortify Canopy’s competitive positioning in Canada as we ambitiously build our U.S. CPG, CBD, and THC strategies.”
David Klein, Chief Executive Officer
“Throughout fiscal 2022, we continued to reduce our operating expenses and capital investments. With a renewed sense of urgency, we are focused on achieving profitability in Canada by taking additional steps to simplify our business and optimize our expenses, while making strategic investments in key growth areas.”
Judy Hong, Interim Chief Financial Officer
- Net revenue increased 7% versus Q2 FY2022. Net revenue decreased by 8% during Q3 FY2022 versus Q3 FY2021, as strong growth in consumer products revenue was offset by the decline in Canadian cannabis sales.
- BioSteel and Storz & Bickel (“S&B”) achieved record quarterly revenue during Q3 FY2022 driven by expanded distribution of BioSteel and new products launches for S&B.
- S. CBD distribution drive increased Martha Stewart CBD and Quatreau door count in Q3 FY2022 by 21% and 225%, respectively from Q2 FY2022.
- Actions well underway to drive improved execution in the Canadian cannabis market, with DOJA, 7Acres and Tweed innovation supporting flower strategy and hero brand, Deep Space, line extension.
- S. MSO ecosystem strengthens with acquisition of an option to purchase Wana Brands upon federal permissibility of THC in the U.S., along with continued growth of Acreage’s footprint with its recent acquisition of operations in Ohio, establishing a market-leadership position in the state.
- Established cross-functional team to execute North America THC strategy, leveraging early advantages of strong balance sheet, scalable THC brands, established national distribution channels and MSO relationships to expedite entry into the U.S. upon federal permissibility of THC.
- Released inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance report, demonstrating the Company’s commitment towards responsible and sustainable growth.
Webcast and Conference Call Information
The Company will host a conference call and audio webcast with David Klein, CEO and Judy Hong, Interim CFO at 10:00 AM Eastern Time on February 9, 2022.
A live audio webcast will be available at:
A replay will be accessible by webcast until 11:59 PM ET on May 10, 2022 at: