Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve addressed a number of the most commonly asked questions we receive in the section below. If your question is not addressed, please feel free to contact us.
- Where are the shares of Canopy Growth Corporation traded?
Shares of Canopy Growth Corporation are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “WEED” and Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker "CGC".
- Can shares of Canopy Growth Corporation be purchased directly from the company?
Shares of Canopy Growth Corporation cannot be purchased directly from the company.
- How many shares of Canopy Growth Corporation are currently issued and outstanding?
Current share data can be found at https://web.tmxmoney.com/quote.php?qm_symbol=WEED.
- Who is Canopy Growth Corporation's transfer agent?
Canopy Growth Corporation’s transfer agent is Computershare Investor Services Inc. (“Computershare”). Computershare can be contacted at 800.564.6253 (North American callers) or 514.982.7555 (International callers) or www.computershare.com.
- Does Canopy Growth Corporation pay a dividend?
Canopy Growth Corporation does not currently pay a dividend and has no current plans to introduce one in the future.
- Does Canopy Growth Corporation offer a Dividend Reinvestment Program (DRIP)?
As Canopy Growth Corporation does not currently pay a dividend, the company does not offer a DRIP.
- How can I update my address, transfer my shares, request to receive shareholder documentation or replace a lost share certificate?
If you are a registered stockholder and have questions regarding your holdings or if there are account changes to be made to the account (mailing address, account name, shareholder documentation requests), please contact Canopy Growth Corporation’s transfer agent, Computershare at 800.564.6253 (North American callers) or 514.982.7555 (International callers) or www.computershare.com. If you own shares through a brokerage account, contact the broker who is responsible for your account.
- Where can I get copies of the latest analyst reports on Canopy Growth Corporation?
Canopy Growth Corporation does not distribute analyst reports on the Company as they are owned by the firms who produce them. If you would like to access analyst research, please contact the brokerage houses themselves. (See “Analyst Coverage” in the Investors section)
- I have a question about Canopy Growth Corporation, who do I contact?
Contact Canopy Growth Corporation Investor relations by emailing email@example.com or calling Tyler Burns at 1 613 706 2185 x 122.
- What is Canopy Growth Corporation’s fiscal year end? When do your fiscal quarters end?
Canopy Growth Corporation’s fiscal year ends March 31. Canopy Growth Corporation’s quarters are Q1 (June 30), Q2 (September 30), Q3 (December 31).
- Where can I get copies of Canopy Growth Corporation’s annual and interim quarterly reports?
These documents are available at www.sedar.com. They can also be found in the “Financial Reports” area of our website.
- How can I request hardcopies of financial reports?
To request to receive hardcopies of the company's interim and annual financial statements, please contact Canopy Growth Corporation’s transfer agent, Computershare at 800.564.6253 (North American callers) or 514.982.7555 (International callers) or www.computershare.com.
- Where can I find information on the share ownership positions of Canopy Growth Insiders?
Insider share ownership information is available on the System for Electronic Disclosure by Insiders (“SEDI”) at www.sedi.ca.
- Canopy Growth investors can now trade options in WEED on the Montreal Derivatives Exchange. Traded in conjunction with previously established positions in the stock market, options can be used to reduce downside risk or to generate incremental returns on portfolio positions.
- What is an equity option contract?
An option is an agreement between two parties for a specified time period that gives the holder the right, not the obligation, to buy or sell a specified number of shares, usually a lot of 100 shares, at a predetermined price. Options can be bought or sold just like shares. There are two types of options: calls and puts.
- What are calls and puts?
A "call" is an option that gives the option buyer the right (without obligation) to purchase a contract at a certain price on or before the expiration date of the option for a price called the premium, determined in open outcry trading in pits on the trading floor. A "put" is an option the gives the option buyer the right (without obligation) to sell a contract at a certain price on or before the expiration date of the option.
- Where can I find more information on trading options?
More information on equity options can be found here.